Friday, July 10, 2009

thing 22-nings

Not a fan of this. I have no desire to connect socially on the Internet. My children facebook, I don't. I have no desire to communicate w/ them on facebook. I know many parents get on w/ their kids to see what they are doing, etc, but I respect my kids privacy on this matter. I don't need to check up on them in college, they earned our trust years ago and that is why they get to go away for college instead of doing Uof H or some other local school. When they are home for the holidays, they let me see their facebook pages so I can see pics they load there.
I will never-I know, never say never- facebook w/ my students or athletes. I don't think this is appropriate and can't believe we are encouraged to do so- especially with the things that have been reported in the news about inappropriate things between students and teachers. I don't have the time to spend on the computer during the day and after my hours after school, I need to do "personal time" with my friends and family. I do network with others in my field but not this way.
My students will be connecting with other students around the world in my aerobics classes and I am looking at ways we will set this up for them.

2 comments:

  1. good idea to get your students to connect with others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with what you say about Facebook. Did you, Melanie and I teach together this summer at Northbrook? Have really enjoyed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete