Friday, July 10, 2009

thing 15- library 2.0

I grew up in the days where we had to write on notes cards for research, search through many books, and then carry those heavy books around with us just for a small piece of information that we needed. Thank goodness times are changing. I do have my classes reaserach information about fitness issues and think that the use of the internet is a very important tool to use. Students are able to get the latest updates and can cross check imformation and opinons of authors that they use. The only problem that I see is the avaliability of computer access. I am fortunate that with my tech grant, I will now have i-touches and new laptops for students to use in the gym so we can get access. I can send them to the library for additional help if needed. The thing about using technology with my classes is that I am able to turn to my studnets and ask them how to do something and several will be able to help me. I have watched students work together and share their knowldege of technology and they become an instructor. I will be the first to admit that I am not always able to answer their questions, but they can always answer mine. I know that this technology will be benefit sutdents and myself in this ever changing technology world.

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to have gotten that grant. Just having the i touches in the gym will save you so much time.

    ReplyDelete