Friday, July 10, 2009

thing 16- wiki

Can I tell you how much I love using my wiki sites. This is by far the best tool for me. I have several sites and each site is for a specific area of HF that I teach. I am able to share these sites w/ teachers across the district and state and they can see what new things we are doing in the gym as well as coaching. My students love these as I post animotos, photos, lessons, etc on them. I also keep my teaching tools on there. For me , it is so much easier to use a wiki to upload information on so I don't have to carry around a memory stick to put in another computer that I am using when demonstrating to others. For instance, I am teaching an Outdoor Ed class that is now state mandated and other teachers around the state are contacting me on how to teach this class. I can give them my wiki site and they can look at videos that I use as teaching aids. I have taken videos from you tube, gone through zamzar to change file and then can upload onto my wiki. I also add links to my wiki to another wiki since it only holds a certain amount of space. I like pb as it is simple, concise, and each to read.
I will be adding to my wiki sites as I gather more information about each subject during the year. I love it for athletics as parents love to see what their kids are doing and I will also be posting instructional videos for athletes to view for a specific skill. I am still building on a few sites and am very excited about the information that I can share.
Here are a few of my wiki sites:
http://outdooredwais.pbworks.com/
http://coachingsfms.pbworks.com/
http://cardioaerobics.pbworks.com/

1 comment:

  1. I love what you are doing with Wikis. I would like to follow these if I may because I am planning to use them with my PreCal and Alg 2 classes. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete