Friday, July 10, 2009

thing 20-you tube,zamzar

LOVE this. I can't get to you tube on district server although I have been told for a year we will soon be able to. What I did for my Outdoor classes is download you tube lessons on my home computer, transfer them through zamzar and then upload them on my wikis and server for use. It has been great as I think there are experts that can teach a quick demonstration of a skill more accuratly than I can. I wish that I could embed one of my you tube clips, but my laptop does not work at home-already been reimaged and still does not work on internet, etc. I will try to remember to embed a video when I get back to school this fall and can use my laptop.
My students have loved the clips and I ;have downloaded some funny ones about fishing, etc.
I am taking this a step futher w/ my studnets and their tech. skills by having them watch a mini lesson, then they film themselves doing the skill, and download it to wiki for future instruction. I have been doing this with the rope knots and the kids love to see themseves and then become the teacher.
Teacher tube is good as well, but have not downloaded from there.

1 comment:

  1. i love the idea of filming the kids and using them to be the teacher. I know that they love to see themselves. It is a good way to motivate them.

    ReplyDelete